• How do I order food items that are not in Catertrax?
- CaterTrax will allow you to type a message in the “instructions box” indicating
any special requests.
• Can I order tables and chairs through Catering?
- No. CaterTrax is used to place food and beverage orders only.
You must contact facilities for tables and/or chair rentals.
• Are we allowed to take any perishable food items from an event?
- No. Due to food handling concerns and UC policies; no perishable
food is to leave any event.
• How far in advance should I place my orders?
- As always, the sooner the better. In order to procure the proper product and staff,
5 days prior to your event will be the latest to place your order in CaterTrax.
• Can we place an order within the 5 day window?
- Please contact the Catering Department before placing the order.
We want to make sure we have the right product and staff for your event.
• What methods of payment does the catering department accept?
- We accept personal checks. If paying by check, we need a 30% deposit prior
to the event and payment in full on the day of the event.
Please make checks payable to UC Regents.
- FAU payments (recharge payments), you will need your department FAU
number to finalize you order.
• Will my order be delivered if FAU payment is NOT approved prior to event?
- Please verify that right approvers information is entered for every order.
Orders without approval will not be delivered.
• Are we allowed to bring our own perishable food items for our event?
- No. Due to food safety concerns and UC policies; NO perishable food item
from an outside vendor is to be used at a catered event.
• Are we allowed to pour our own alcohol?
- No. Alcohol policy states that only the catering department staff can serve
alcohol to guests at a catered event.
• Can I place an order without reaching the minimum amount requirement for delivery?
- Yes. You are allowed to place an order without reaching the minimum amount
but a $25.00 or 25% charge of the difference will be applied to the total.
• Can the Catering staff receive tips?